Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Full Week Off


Had a full week off the factory, i didn't even get tempted to go in and do weekend overtime. I said "no" to myself and persued a week of relaxation. It was great Little monster boy was the best relaxation medicine i could take. I liked to have a little arguement with him, it goes along the lines off:

Me: "A bus is bigger than an elephant," to which Monster Boy laughs as if to say i am silly and replies
"No. An elephant is bigger than a bus." As if to put me right, because i should know better, i bait him some more and repeat the statement, he repeats his reply. Then i ask:
"So how may elephants have you seen?"
He laughs still and says " I haven't seen any elephants, but i still know an elephant is bigger than a bus."

I wish I had taken him to see the mechanical elephant that went through London, if he'd of seen it he would of known he was right. And i would of completely agreed with him and laughed in exactly the same way.

Tantalising Shiela made a pleasant remark, she'd missed having the piss taken out of her at work. It made me smile inside, though i didn't say anything to her, she just threw in my face a comment about being pissed at the get fat quick club dinner. And being outrageous. Odd how although I'd like something to be, i know it never will, but in the meantime there's nothing wrong with a bit of humour, life must go on so why not with a smile or two.

I've just began to read "One Flew Over the Cookoo's Nest by Ken Kelsey, I must admit after just a dozen pages it's different from both the film and play. I had a front row seat a few weeks ago at the Garrick and Christian Slater was playing the main character, McMurphy. He is definately a good actor to watch he was very much into his role, but one thing i noticed, he didnt appear to look at the audience the entire time. Maybe he just acts that way.