Sunday, June 08, 2014

Insomnia again

Well last night I was struck by insomnia again. Went to bed at 1:30 a.m. and still fully awake at 2:30 a.m. I could of gone to the kitchen made a cup of tea, made a cake, carved a spoon returned back to bed and it would of been like my eyes were glued open.  My head was in thinking mode and there was nothing to stop it. It kept on going and going.  It was a matter of persevering, so I just lay on the bed sometimes without my ear plugs in. At some point I got to sleep, but then didn't check the clock to see what time it was. It was morning time.  In consideration of poor sleep I got up early, 7:30 a.m. and was awake. Fully awake, now at 1:30 p.m. I find it difficult to keep my eyes open.  If I follow the temptation and rest my head for a short while the whole insomnia thing could return later tonight.  Again.  So it's catch 22, keep myself awake and not let the devilish insomnia take a grip.

So be it, for now.  Zzzzzzzzzz

No comments: