Monday, November 03, 2014

Holding a fist up to the clouds and rain

Sometimes you can do the right things and it's still not possible to get sleep. This happened last night. Sunday I did the usual walk, this was three hours long, then it rained.  Wonderful. I got wet and carried on, fortunately not drenched but nearly drenched. It was the intermittent kind of rain, the kind which wasn't sure in the first place whether it would come down because it felt so comfortable up there in it's soft fluffy but rather grey looking cloud. Yet it had to rain just to show it was real and the cloud cover was not the kind which just wanted to have a joke, it needed to prove a point. An endearing point, fortunately not too enduring for me. My coat is not of the expensive type which repels all known germs or rain but rather an off the peg and temporarily does the job but doesn't like to be overworked, in short it is an indolent coat when it comes to rain and will give in after a period of time. Consequently there seemed to be a wet patch on my back, even though I had a ruck sack.  I could of easily held my fist up to the sky and damned it to high hell and back, just like a character from Forest Gump, however this act might of looked a little over dramatic. Well certainly to anyone who saw the crazy man with a ruck sack on his back shaking a fist to the sky. "Come on give it to me, give me all you got, you bastard little rain drops. I'm a man, I can take, damn you wet droplets to hell where you may become steam and evaporate, damn, damn and treble damn you." Well, perhaps a little over the to and possibly worthy of an ambulance and being sectioned under the Mental Health Act. All for the sake of a decent rain resistant coat.

Well never mind, it's a new day. Off to work I go, hi ho, hi ho followed by achoo. The revenge of the rain a never ending cold which has so far lasted about 4 weeks.


No comments: