Friday, September 29, 2006

Am I paranoid?

Sometimes I wonder if I'm paranoid? Someone will say something and I'll go over it in my mind. I'll ask questions like "what did they mean?" and was it the words of the comment or the inflection of the voice. Because the "HOW" of something being said is more important than what is said at times. That's why when you hear an interpreter speak you never really know what is going on between the lines. Sometimes my paranoia leads me to ask if other people are like me.

Is my shirt too loud today? Did I forget to say hello to them? And of course the 'OK you bastard be like that but in the outside world beyond the factory you have no respect.' Then I wonder if I am not a likable person, if there is something about me people don't like. Or why on earth should it matter? Rather what matters is I'm not being fake but being myself. As the in Shakespeare's play Hamlet "Be true to yourself."

Now did old Shakespeare have paranoia, or was he too busy writing about mixed up people, or more of mixed up paranoid people. If any King Lear certainly was one not forgetting Hamlet again, I mean who really sees ghosts? Which reminds me next time I wake up at 2 a.m. I'll ask Fred if he'll stop rattling his chains, I got work in the morning.

No comments: