Saturday, August 18, 2007

The Talkatives take a holiday

Being related to the talkatives means every once and a while having to go beyond the call of duty. The next two weeks is my beyond-the-call-of-duty turn. One man in his 40s sits 3 cats and a house. I'd alluded to this in an email to a colleague at work, saying I was cat sitting, stating I wasn't sure whether it meant on or with the cats, in either case it was the cats problem not mine. It would be especially if I sat on any of them and it was snuffed. Then I'd have to find a Taxidermist and explain in some fashion while their furry love-able member of the family seemed so inert. Probably i'd have to make a quick getaway, just as they returned from sunny land and plonked their cases in the hallway. I'll get a taxi number and write it down. Just in case.

I been doing a lot of tidying up. The smaller Talkatives Little Angel Talkative certainly doesn't know where the bin is, Middle boy talkative I can't really comment on except each time he passes by me I have this irresistible desire to ruffle his hair. At the age of 10 I suppose I can get away with it. Unfortunately I was witness to a Terrible Tantrum from Angel Talkative who at 6 years old showed her colours, and they are very bright varied and not as fluffy and nice as the Angel I genuinely thought she was. Big Boy Talkative is not at all talkative, it must be the teenage boy hormone thing. For when he does speak the odd word his sentences can be broken up by 2 extremes of cantor, either a man who has something quite gruff going on or as a boy making a squeak. I wonder if I spoke this way when a teeny?

Though of all things I do realise about myself as a teeny I was pretty moronic. So now I see the light. Age bestows intelligence, but not always, some people just refuse downright to be intelligent at all. Even with age. So there is not always hope, especially for the stupid ones. Let there be light. Nope. Unfortunately this magic phrase doesn't work, the last bulb used years ago or just not replaced, ever.

What am I going to do with myself over the next two weeks? I'll find something. At least I worked out where the closest pub is. Unfortunately I don't have any friends in this part of the Cat-House sitting world. Fingers crossed I can get on with my own company.

No comments: