Tuesday, January 06, 2015

Kick the shit out of the machine

Fortunately having bad days isn't something which happens everyday because then they would not be unusual and with a lot of bad days you'd get used to them.  Perhaps they wouldn't be recognised as bad days just ordinary days, or they could be given pet names. Like a animal, what a skunk day it has been, with a bit of relaxed wallaby. What does help coping with these sort of periods is when they happen after being on holiday, feeling relaxed even in a stressed environment is a valuable asset and thing to achieve.  I will admit there are times when I may appear calm and pensive but on the inside of a still exterior is a crazed lunatic on the verge of attacking the next inanimate object which fails to work the way it should work. If not object bureaucratic processes, a pop group has an apt name it is Rage Against the Machine.

This morning I failed to scan my prepaid travel card before getting on the train.  This I unfortunately only realised when I got off the train at the destination station. But at the back of my mind I thought what I would do is get on another train and go the opposite direction. Go back one station to the station where I know there is no automatic barriers on one side and then walk and get some exercise. Unfortunately this did not go to plan, because at the earlier station there were revenues officers. The result was being issued with a £20 penalty ticket. Great.

Getting into the Fish Factory a little later than normal I am confronted with a one hell of a stinky fish explosion which means I will be in the Fish operating theatre all day long, elbows right into the inners of some disgusting stuff.  Wonderful. I am then called into a brief meeting to be advised one of the Fish on my team has to be seconded into another pool and this will be for several weeks. Their absence will in due course result in their work being distributed to the other 8 fishes who are always at pain to express how over stretched they are. Of course their not the only ones but don't take into account such constant groaning and griping doesn't help the situation.

I get to lunch later than normal and decide not to buy a coffee from my sanctuary pub because I now have to try and account for the lost £20. I'm advised by Sparkling that losing this is not the same as losing 20 pounds in weight as it is the first day of dieting.  Which also has to be taken slowly but stressful situations sometimes require gentle love and kisses to ease them. My love and kisses was gained from a Chinese take away when I returned home.

Leaving work I was fortunately offered a lift in someone's car.  Except I would have to walk to them to their car which was up a hill somewhere.  I didn't mind because I was going to walk home and save on buying a train fare as well. The walk took nearly half an hour, there were two separate hills to climb and I could of walked half way home in the same time myself.  The calculations of money saved and loss today goes like this: Loss £20 through penalty fare, loss £2.60 from getting a take away so total loss is £22.60.  Gains are, £1.90 from not purchasing a return ticket, £1.90 for getting a penalty fair and not purchasing a destination ticket, £3.30 from not having a pint in the pub and £2.25 from not having a sanctuary like cup of coffee at lunch time, total gains  £9.45 full loss and profit comes to £22.60 loss and £9.45 gain leaving a net loss of £13.15 on the day. A couple of more days of destitution and I should of paid the penalty fare off.

Well it's a good thing I got my sense of humour, warm socks and porrage for tomorrow's breakfast.

P.S. I got a tooth ache which has been really bothering me the last two days, estimated cost to be discovered. But the worse thing is I don't know whether my gentle and very nice dentist still works at the surgery or has retired, otherwise next time I go it could be butcher time.

No comments: