Sunday, January 04, 2015

Sparkling wears her ring

It is unusual but today a Sunday I returned from Scotland back to London and will go to work tomorrow, the first day of 2015 at work.  It is not usual for me to return on Sunday's because I don't like to work a full first week at the Fish Factory. Working a part week helps me acclimatise and get back into the groove so to say. So next week is going to be tough going, if not for the work certainly for the realisation I need to do something about my eating and exercise habits for the new year as I've put on even more weight over the past chrimbo period.  When I left Sparkling's house she requested I phone her up which I generally do anyway when I return to London but this she asked. It was a little unusual but I didn't think a great deal about it. Until it was I got off the last train, opened the door and had drank my first cup of tea with a piece of cake.

I rang but Sparkling was not at home.  Leaving it for about thirty minutes I rang again. This time she answered. She asked if I missed her and I said I did, for when I get back to work and routine again I'll feel a little blue for sure.  Sparkling then told me she had found her engagement ring which I had given to her some years ago.  She put it on for the first time in years and it fitted perfectly, she had tried to send a photo of it on her finger to me but the picture message failed. Which admittedly was probably a good thing because I would likely have been quiet emotional over seeing it there.  So during the phone conversation Sparkling told me she had put the ring back on. A moment passed and I got a little choked up. She laughed as usual. Sparkling said she liked the feel of it on her finger and the way it made her feel inside.  I remember when we got it and looking in the jeweller's window.  She picked the ring from a cluster of similar ones, but it was different. It sparkles just like Sparkling's eyes sparkle and I know is a beautiful sight. The thought makes me happy she feels she can wear it again and she feels good about wearing it. Because of course it will mean some day we will be married.

My Christmas has been very busy and a very happy one, I helped do the things a partner should do, but maybe I thinks more washing up than normal and I got a real taste of what Sparkling has to do all the time.  Empty the cat's tray, throw the rubbish out, do the hoovering amongst other items. I'm getting well domesticated now. Oh how very happy I am, perhaps next week at work will not be so bad after all.

No comments: