Thursday, July 01, 2021

Trees, a bee sting and the road back

So there stand at the end of the garden 4 sets of conifer trees, they could be llyandi, but I'm not entirely sure.  For the past several months I've had a go at cutting them down, unfortunately they also stretch over two other gardens and about 8 or 9 telephone lines. There are still strategically difficult branches which need cutting but may fall on a phone line or two. What do I do? I'm as the Scottish will tell you scunnered with them. I've had enough right up to my eyeballs but know the job needs to be attempted again. 

The problem is I need someone to help me. I've figured out its a matter of tying a rope to the overhanging branches and having a second person pull the rope so as the branch is cut and falls it moves to one side of the phone lines.  Alternative I'll need a neighbourhood counsellor as they come crashing down on the lines and the locals find they have no phone or internet services because they've been effectively cut off. Surely people can do without communication for a day. These providers are pretty quick to get them fixed. I know from experience as two lines have already been affected.


Only a couple of days ago I was helping baby sit my grandson. He's 3 years old and is infatuated with cars. He's also got a thing about being as messy as possible, running about without any clothes on and watching non stop cartoons. Which are actually quite funny, like Misha and the Bear, if you need a good laugh at the world watch it. This should be recommended viewing for all adults with a blue disposition, I laughed and laughed and laughed. However, as my wife Sparkling Eyes will tell you, a sense of humour can be a personal and even different thing. In the meantime if she wants to laugh she just watches me and within a few moments will be rolled up. She saw me take in the washing the other evening and while doing it I was stung by a bee. My reaction she found humorous but only confessed this after a glass of wine. Well it's good to be entertainment for one's loved ones.

 I will have to think about returning to London again. Even if it's for a short while. Mum is 80 and she is now afraid of cutting the grass incase she gets a nose bleed. It's the medication she's on. The last one took 30 minutes to stop and she doesn't want to overdo it. It is a funny thing but the saying absence makes the heart grow fonder is very true. I realise this now having barely seen her over the last couple of years when normally I wouldn't be able to get away from her. The government has now put in charge of Health a banker who likes to make money. Of course this will mean the entire country will learn lessons he will impose on us through his own ineptitude. But such is the road back. In this case it's probably a very windy one with some cliff edges to negotiate, a map and infrared goggles to help see at night would be a good thing.


No comments: