Thursday, April 10, 2008

Stuck on Sponge Bob and the gym

Little Monster boy is stuck on a Sponge Bob game. Employee of the month. I've seen bit's of Sponge Bob on TV but it don't quite appeal to me as a regular viewing item. Neither does Desperate House Wives, but because Little Monster Boy likes Sponge Bob I now have to help him. So for ten minutes which was just about bearable I loaded his game and played it. Hoping to get to the point the Little Monster is stuck. Unfortunately I haven't. Of those ten minutes I spent five laughing at the characters before their droning voices detracted my concentration. A bit like being at the fish factory with Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum's inane incessant jovial chit chat centre on taking the mickey. I'll not say out of who. Yet with Sponge Bob all I had to do was hit a button and close the game down. I'll gather myself together and have another go tomorrow.

Did the gym this evening and my successful impersonation of a Fat Man running on the Tread Mill. A bloke next to me sat on a cycle machine, he turned the pedals a couple of times but really didn't bother to do much else. Being skinny, maybe it would waste him away had the pedals actually been turned. Instead he was engrossed in trivial conversation with another bloke. Also skinny. I listened to Nina Simone and the long version of her song Sinnerman on my mp3 player. The song is brilliant. It helped me put on extra pace and breath heavily while doing the athletic Fat Man shuffle. Which sounds a bit like a new dance. Labouring away, breathing loudly and even half singing along to the music had no effect on the two idiots. They talked continuously through my entire term on the wobble belly machine disregarding where they were.
I couldn't help thinking of the Smart come Dumb balance in the world. Where Dumb people go to a gym to talk rather than actually break a sweat. It's a common attribute to teenies and a certain extent posers, who chit chat and check out their body in a mirror. Which makes me think there are way too many mirrors in the gym. Mind if they only had the one mirror then they'd all be getting a small piece of it. Perhaps enough for their face. At least then they would be able to check their hair. Of course amongst these participants you have to include the pretty people, of which teens believe they belong by default of being a teen. Though some people are pretty and are not teens. They might be the ones who concentrate on stretching and again never favour a real exercise machine because sweating would be so uncool. Fortunately my exercise session soon came to an end and I could drift into a world of ordinary ugly people.

Now if only like the Sponge Bob game I could press an icon, and those who prefer to play Dumb are magically Smart. No, the reality is it will never happen. If they are dumb, they are just dumb and I'll just have to get over it. I wonder if they would be any good at Sponge Bob games?

No comments: