Sunday, April 06, 2008

Today it snowed in London



This morning a little treat appeared, not one I could eat, which came later, it snowed. Being a Sunday morning I woke at 8 a.m. and knew I should of got up earlier to get ready for gym. Looking out of my window snow was falling. Big massive third world war radio active lumps of it. Gently falling through the air, not being tussled by wind and neither mixed with rain. It was just snow. The odd thing though was it did not feel cold enough, it was warm indoors. To confirm this it melted rapidly on contact with road and pavements. But for the mean time, grass and plants were covered. Their leaves gathering a snow humped burden. Daffodils in the garden had white hats. The rhubarb an inch topping of icing sugar. I wondered whether the rhubarb would be killed off. A happy feeling came over me because it's a long time since real snow fell on London. However, by the evening it was almost completely gone.

For the second time I went out wearing my Russian hat. The grey furry one with a Russian hammer and scythe badge on the front. I've wrote about it in an earlier BLOG. Remarkably it kept my head warm, very warm. And with self justification it didn't matter what I looked like to the rest of the world. Because spectators of a snow filled day, like all spectators lose their judgement of fashion. Anything warm is grabbed and worn, no matter how silly. I'm sure a couple of people saw my hat and were jealous. Too bad. OK I may not be Russian but my ears were warm and my head very comfortable.
Now I'm tired. The day is over, I'll hit the hay and sleep like freshly fallen snow.

No comments: