Monday, June 30, 2008

Rock Chick's 16th

I spent a wonderful week in the company of Sparkling Eyes and Rock Chick. It took me over 12 hours to eventually arrive, too many train delays courtesy of National Express. The week has flown by so fast, so very fast but I feel chilled. A reminder of Rock Chick greeted me when I returned and checked a pile of post. Yep the NHS had caught up me and informed me all of my organs have been donated. Rock chick laughed when I told her. However, my biggest concern on the letter was the bit which says "any of my organs and tissue" I hope they don't want parts while I'm perfectly alive and kicking. On expiry, but not otherwise thank you.

Sparkling Eyes had me running about helping to prepare for Rock Chick's 16th birthday. I was told off because I just didn't run quick enough. So I did actually ran about a bit and it seemed to calm Sparkling's irritation. It didn't matter whether I was just moving one object from one end of the garden to the other, as long as I looked busy. It's nice to make people happy.

The party was great, I eventually hit the hay at 3:30 a.m. Sparkling Eyes disappeared a half hour earlier, so I'd even out endured the veteran party goer. Mind I was half slumped on a couch eyes closed and spinning comatose on a Merry-go-round. I recall having a chat to an elderly man a retired lorry driver. He was funny. He recounted how it took him 14 months to get out of the army, he might of been conscripted I can't recall whether he said. But it was the headaches and seeing 2 psychiatrists. One of which said he was a malingerer. Retired Lorry Driver was straight he just didn't like being ordered about, and if there was any more fighting he wanted to be in a tank. For personal safety reasons. I don't blame him. When asked if he had a job to go to when he left. His reply was, yes, a good one as well, stealing tiles off roofs. It was a brief moment I'd spent in his company but a moment I'll not forget. Lorry Driver was unhappy he didn't get to drive a tank much, although he'd passed his test. The sum of his tank driving experiences he said was 2 minutes. Must of been something to do with the headaches.

No comments: