Monday, July 19, 2010

Chat with a porker

While in the gym this evening, I got chatting to a porker. It turned out to be one of those situations when you get the feeling your fat only to find someone who is fatter. Well I did. He seemed a pleasant enough fellow, we groaned about how hard it was getting to the gym, it's not easy at our age, though he might of been a couple of years older, I couldn't tell. Then he told me how a year and a half ago he had weighed 24 stone and now he was 16 stone. I could barely believe it. He had lost an entire person in body weight. But he still looked fat, but hell 18 months ago he looked real fat. He said he was stuck now at 16 stone and had been yoyoing up and down at this weight for a while. Considering it had taken me two weeks to lose four pound and I was groaning, this bloke was a walking miracle. He gave details of how arthritis in one of his knees had stopped him from coming at one point, but he now went three times a week. This individual had completely flabergasted me. I thought here was someone who had will power and more sustained determination than very many people I knew. Yet he was an ordinary bloke although a bit tubby. My only error was to ask him how much he thought I weighted, or rather he told me in a range of about two and a half stone. He got it right, but the worse thing was the top end of his guess was two and a half stone heavier than what I am. It didn't do much for my self esteem, but I'll try not to let it bother me.

Bloody porker.

No comments: