Saturday, July 31, 2010

Batman was not a Fatman

Sometimes timing is everything.  Or rather, all times, timing is everything.  To reach a specific point in time and be able to approach a task in the right way requires a certain attitude, a mind-set.  It's now been three weeks in which I have managed to do some form or physical exercise every second day.  Usually going to the gym, but at weekends going for a run in the park.  It is hard work being a fatman and running.  Batman wasn't called Fatman because he was overweight.  Then, he wasn't overweight.  He couldn't be, especially if he was climbing up the sides of buildings and taking on the baddies.  Although the Penguin now he was rotund, but it didn't stop him from being a baddy.  So, part of me asks how come Batman wasn't fat either?  It's strange how you see things differently when in a different situation.  As I was saying.  Timing and the right time to do something and sustain it only comes about from having all the other things in place and wearing the right head.  Like a children's character scarecrow who would put a different head on depending what he wanted to do. I had to put the right head on, and have it at this moment. I have lost a couple of pounds and have found it a lot easier breathing, so it's got to be worth it. 

I saw little Monster Boy yesterday, we went for a walk and played his version of football.  This often involves him kicking me in the ankles rather than tackling me.  We make one goal post with my jacket being one of the  a stick or boulder.  He then counts goals to his advantage in accordance to his rules, which means he must win every time.  It was great fun.  We both laughed a lot and I got pretty tired even with my exercise regime.  As the TV series Misfits is being filmed locally we had hoped to see some of the trailers or the actors from the series, however they must of just stopped filming.  They had been parked in a large car park for quite a few weeks.  So it was my own fault I should of had an earlier look.  Misfits is probably the most exciting thing which has happened locally for many years.  I expect it will probably be the most exciting thing for years to come.  But the actors kept themselves to themselves, and stayed hidden away in their trailers.  So although the series in part reflects what it is like living in the area, you can't help feel a little disappointed in the people, they could of been maybe a little community active and done something significant.

Oh well, there's nothing to it, I'll just have to go and put my cape, mask and stockings on and have a run.  I'm sure it will cheer someone up.

No comments: