Monday, August 02, 2010

An odd pair of shorts, or an odd pair of legs

Rock Chick went to the hospital today to have an operation on her feet, or foot.  I think it was just one of them. The quacks had to remove a nasty little bugger of a wart, which had refused all manner of treatment.  Even in this hi tech age they had hit it with a laser, and it was no sufficient enough to remove the unwanted friend.  So for some reason I have been a little preoccupied.  Wondering what was going on, I'd been texting Sparkling Eyes and had no response from her.  The operation was to be at lunch time and Rock Chick was to be out mid afternoon ish.  However there was a delay so she didn't get out till a little later. I'd text messaged both Rock and Sparkling in the morning to say I would be thinking of them and loved them.   Rock replied and said she basically wasn't bothered about the surgery.  She is a brave girl I thought, and I recalled how she had been to the dentist and refused to have an anaesthetic.  Without doubt Rock Chick is made of very strong stuff.  Later in the afternoon I rang up Sparkling and my call was disconnected.  Or rather answered but Sparkling must of dropped the phone back in her bag.  I could hear a faint conversation and noise, so wasn't able to make out what was being said.  It mean there was nothing to worry about, and my suspicion over the noise was of Rock being wheeled out of the hospital, it proved to be right.  I didn't worry too much and went off to the gym.

I was tired as I entered the gym and felt an urge to sleep.  Usually when I feel so tired it's a good sign and it means relaxed and having a work out it brings good results.  I got dressed and something strange happened. Sleepy or distracted, I put on my shorts they felt odd, tho not too odd, which I put down to it being a pair of shorts I'd not worn in a couple of weeks and the Fatman syndrome. Next was  socks and then trainers.   I picked up my empty water bottle and put it in a pocket..  This was the strangest thing of all.it was now the pockets seemed odd.  Very odd.  I sat for just one moment reflecting on this odd thing, and then realised I had put my shorts on back to front.  I laughed and must of looked an odd sight as I dropped my shorts, turned them around and put the back on the correct way, but still had my trainers on.  What a Wholly I thought. 

Distraction is the master method used by magicians to do their tricks.  So it seems is tiredness and thinking of other things.  Well at least I put on my coat the right way, if I didn't I'd be wearing another coat which might seem back to front but would be the correct fitting.for the place I'd be going.

No comments: