Saturday, August 28, 2010

Autumn is coming so is sleeplessness

I'm getting an attack of the munchies.  It's been months of exercise and food deprivation, you know, those evening meals.  Cutting down.  Eating apples, so many apples I get the feeling my stomach is fermenting.  I try and blame it on the weather, because it's raining, the evenings are beginning to draw darker sooner.  The wind is picking up and September is nearly here.  The summer has officially come to an end and I'm beginning to ask myself if I should start taking the odd dose of echinacea to prevent cold and flu symptoms for the coming months.  How do you protect yourself from the depression of winter, even clowns seem to go into hibernation.

I hit the Fish Factory this morning.  It was very quiet, like the fishes had enough and decided not to bite any bait, no matter how juicy it was.  I didn't mind because it meant distractions down to a minimum and some good quality time to concentrate.  However, there is always those few about, who for some reason do like the sound of their own voice, or have penchant to bellowing.  What is it about vocally loud people?  It's like their ability to bellow is a marker of their own self, a way of imposing who they are on others, or perhaps worse some inferiority complex.  If only they'd get over it and speak in a gentler tone of voice where there's no need to wince.

I was hoping to speak to Sparkling Eyes tonight, but for some reason she's gone silent.  Maybe she has been called in for a session at her Fish Factory.  I know Dangerous Sports lad is probably back today from a six week course so Rock Chick will be ecstatic.  Where are you Sparkles? 

Tomorrow I must exercise.  I should of done some today, but with the Fish Factory and all, it was put on the back burner.  If it rains I'll hit the gym, if it's semi pleasant it will be the park and dog avoidance practice.  Now all I need is a fast metabolism.

Doing exercise didn't seem to help me sleep last night.  It was one of those restless nights when I wasn't sure if I did actually drop off at all, it felt like I was half away all night long.  Just laying there and turning every so often.  Perhaps I shouldn't be reading my bed time book.  It's called The Way of the Peaceful Warrior.  I saw the film and thought the book might be worth a try.  It's about some University gymnast who meets an old man at a late night petrol station.  They form a friendship and the old man teaches the kid inner peace.  I'm sure it's fashioned on Buddhist teachings.  The gymnast seems to be going through some kind of mental break down at the moment, just so he can be re-built as a calmer all knowing peaceful person.  Yep.  Maybe this is why I couldn't sleep.  I'm having a sympathetic mental sleep break down and wake up semi comatose in order to be at one with myself.  The alternative could be I just need an extra blanket.  Somethings are not as deep as you'd expect.  Now to sow up my mouth and stop shovelling in food.

No comments: