Tuesday, August 10, 2010

A Wet day in London

It's been a dreary, miserable and rainy day in London. Whilst in the Bahamas, it is hot, the coconuts swing high up in the branches of coconut trees, nice ripe juicy mangoes are swollen like a full termed pregnancy and are ready to drop any second and the locals are cooking their favourite fish dish with plenty of spices and herbs.  I know where I'd rather be.  So how come I'm here getting wet.  Dumped on by one of the Athenian Gods.  I must of done something bad in a previous life. 

I've had two text messages from Sparkling Eyes today and would of liked a few minutes of phone conversation just to see how she is.  Apparently last night when she came back from her Fish Factory she witnessed Rock Chick and University girl getting drunk on Champagne and Cider.  My thoughts were along the lines of were they mixing them and where'd the Champagne come from?  Sparkles indicated they were having a good time, putting the world to rights, with the main topic being boyfriends.  What a coincidence from yesterdays BLOG.  Whereas men put the world to rights with pints and shorts, then they usually don't put the world to rights at all because talking about painful things is something we just don't do.  Most blokes prefer football and if they do groan about their partner it will only be five minutes and then usually find another subject to talk about.  It might be because like the goldfish our memory only lasts for about five seconds or the awful thought if the partner found out they were talking about them then they'd get an even worse ear ache than they had before.  Seeing as I have no mates, it don't matter.  I just sit in a corner talking to myself waiting for someone to ring for an ambulance and cart me away to a nicely padded room.  No ones has done this either so I must look sadder than I thought chatting to myself.  I can feel a song coming on, but I'll let you guess what it is.

It all makes sense now why it's been raining.  If you got to be sad then it may as well piss down on you, a bit like the icing on the cake.  The reality is though, I don't feel sad at all. The Fish Factory has been very busy the last couple of days and I've been rising to the challenge.  All I need now is someone to talk to and mend the world, maybe over a pint.  

No comments: