Wednesday, September 08, 2010

Looking forward to seeing Sparkles

Shortly I will be off on a train heading up North, across the border and the land of Scotland to see the very beautiful and wonderful woman I call Sparkling Eyes.  I have been speaking to her this evening on the phone, because it would be useless trying to shout, a phone is much easier than even smoke signals or the beat of a drum.  Anyway, I was talking to Sparkles and she reminded me shortly of the next big birthday she'll be hitting but not presently.  I'll not say what it is, except to think those of you beyond a certain age will remember a famous TV police/detective program based in Hawaii, there's the clue.  Sparkling said she would not look this age when she hit it, I then agreed because she wouldn't at all in my eyes and her reply was along the lines of "but you do."  None of the I pay you a compliment if you pay me one.  Nope, not with Sparkles.  She will shoot from the hip and tell you as she sees it.  Sparkles always puts me in my place even when there is no need to put me anywhere.  Then afterwards I accept and get on with it.

When I hit those lands I will then have my own birthday and for a short period we will both be the same age.  The next day after my birthday Rock Chick goes to University and it will be her first day at Uni.  So all round it will be a wonderful event.  I may have to think of a different pseudonym for Rock Chick seeing she'll be a Uni girl.  Her course will be related to food and she is going to get a set of cooking knives, so she could be a knife throwing Uni girl.  No.  She might not like to be associated with throwing them.  Maybe something along the lines of Trainee Chef Uni Girl?   I'll just have to wait and see if something grabs me, as long as it's neither a knife or an electric whisk thrown in my direction I'm sure it will be OK with whatever pops to mind.  I sure hope she learns how to make a good chocolate cake.

It's odd how a longer than usual period of absence can effect me.  Absence from seeing Sparkles in particular, because this last few days I have  been pretty happy.  Happy and contented.  Just to be in her company and to see her.  Although I am being told she is having problems choosing a birthday present, the truth of the matter is, I don't care what she has chosen, spending time with Sparkles will more than fulfill my needs.

I also hear Dangerous Sports Lad is being good to Rock Chick so she is happy.  It's not odd to think all people need in their lives is a degree of happiness and contentment.  It makes me happy Rock is feeling good, I didn't want to order a hit on Dangerous, he's got his good sides, especially when he stops talking so much and lets other people say something.  It would also be better if he learnt to listen.  Of all the things the female species needs its someone who can listen.  It's only taken me a lifetime of studying psychology, but I'm getting there.  The only thing I need now is a map of the woman mind.  Maybe a map of Venus would be easier to obtain  O.K. a man might be able to listen, but he'd have to be gay to bloody understand them. 

No comments: