Friday, November 18, 2011

The Odd Balls of Interest

I mate I see once in a while in the pub asked me if I had done any BLOGS recently, unfortunately I could only answer no.  Lets call him the Gas Man, on account he knows a bit about fitting central heating.  The Gas Man believes I am a pent up and angry individual, probably one of the most angry people he's met.  He's said this to me before, but it makes me think he hasn't read my blogs.  It don't matter.  Gas man revealed to me how he had began to write a book on annoying things.  It was going to contain 101 annoying things and be a kind of story.  However, he soon reached 101 items and then lost interest in writing his book.  It's a shame, I always find his opinions interesting to listen to, he thinks outside of the box and has this chip on his shoulder about badly run organizations, or rather their hierarchical systems of authority.  Get my gist? lol.  He's a nice enough bloke though and to an extent has helped me get re started again in the BLOG-osphere universe.

Also this evening I met another fellow who goes to the same pub, but not too often.  It must of been a couple of years ago since I last saw him.  Unfortunately some people do avoid this bloke, but again I don't know why I just find him interesting in his own way.  It's like I have a thing maybe for the unconventional, the odd, they are always so much more interesting to talk to, don't you think?  Well, I do.  I remember this fellow because a few years ago he recommended to a colleague a book.  It was called the Book Thief.  I went ahead and read it myself and enjoyed it.  So I'll call him Book Man although this is a temporary handle on his character because I just don't get to chat to him often.  Anyway.  The Book Man told me about how he to had been on holiday not long ago, and of all places had gone to Malta.  Wow.  What a coincidence I thought.  He talked about Valletta being a beautiful place and I asked him if he had drank in the same pub Oliver Reed had been to before he died.  Blow me down, he had as well.  Blimey.  Then Book Man described the pub and his little experience he'd had there.  I like the Book Man.  He's definitely odd, but definitely a nice enough fellow I'm sure he would never harm a fly, unless provoked in the righ circumstances of course.

Earlier as part of Gas Man's philosophy of life he had told me how he considered when young i.e. a teenager, the kind of people you hang about with are usually a good indicator of what you will turn out like later in life.  Giving an example of teenagers nowadays hanging about with dubious fellow teenagers who cause trouble and are then more likely to get into trouble themselves.  Perhaps, by association, perhaps because they feel the need to live up to the notions of what their peers expect.  I thought of my own fellow teenage mates.  None of which I am in contact with, and yes maybe, just maybe they were a little odd.  They certainly were not troublesome because my name was more of "scaredy cat" than "teenage heartthrob hardnut-nutcase," oh yes, the girls always like the hard or rather "rough" lad.  Until they grow up become adults and decide life is weary being battered by a Hasbeen with hang ups because although they were big fish in a little pond when it comes to the world, they become nothing more but little fish again.   Awwe how sad, not.  But if you have never been a Hasbeen as such, there is no difference in growing up, you remain the same little fish, you're comfortable with it.  However, things change, they become better and even themselves out.as merit and hard work and motivation take over where Hasbeen left years ago. 

Right now, I wouldn't say I'm angry, though it is probably a trait I do suppress at times, maybe I'm one of those odd balls now.  If so it makes me more than happy.  Yes, karma ensures things even out.  It's all about the long game.

No comments: