Monday, December 16, 2013

Crying man

Now men are not supposed to be touchy feelly like people, men stereotypically are rough, tough, enjoy man like things, such as building and breaking stuff  Except of course we're not always so good at the building things up at all. Just as women are suppose to be all feelings and demure, in a stereotypical fashion, but again a lot of them don't fit the stereotype. So I wonder why it was yesterday I just felt the need to cry, it came over me.  I can usually keep some kind of control over my emotions and may even appear a cold fish at times but underneath this poker like face there is a man who is in utter turmoil. Yes, utter turmoil, emotionally that is.  Not all the time let me add, just sometimes when things happen and they have a particular meaning to me. This could be an age related thing, but then thinking about it when those old Lassie movies were on they seemed to never fail to make me feel like a cry. I'd occupy myself building things with toys and then try to stop watching the telly.  I'm definitely not a girl, even though there tends nowadays to be a bit more of the man boob than there used to be. It happens.

This has now got to the extent Sparkling Eyes and Rock Chick make wagers on when they think I will shed a tear or two. Whoever, chooses a time after I've had a couple of drinks is also more likely to win this bet, for it's more difficult to control sentiment when slightly intoxicated. At other times a couple of drinks will make me so merry as to laugh at anything, and to cause mischief. This is why sometimes nobody answers my phone when I ring them up on a Friday evening. Many a time has Sparkling put the phone down on me, getting too fed up and pissed off because I was either winding her up or she just didn't want to get involved in a silly discussion with a half drunk.

Today though I feel in a lot more control of myself, a lot more. Then Sparkling tells me how little Baby J is growing up and how she just wants to be nosey about everything around her.  She's not even crawling yet, but this feat is certainly on the cards soon.  Awwe, and then I can see her curiosity getting the better of any adult around her as she puts yet another item into her mouth seeing if it has got a taste or whether it will help her teeth to break through. She is such a beautiful little baby, I'm sure she will draw a tear or two when I next see her.

No comments: