Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Three free turkeys, Micheal Bublé again and an alien

Olly the cat kept us up all night, Sparkling says he knows his bitch is back, me. Wonderful.  The wind is blowing hard outside. There is no snow, just children wishing there was, personally I prefer it the way it is.  I've eaten late for the second night in a row and wonder if it will go straight to my belly. L & B man saw me and said I looked old. Great.  Fat and old as well. My shoulder hurts, Sparkling said it was a symptom of something I can't repeat in writing. I am old, I am fat.  One little girl approximately 7 months old recognizes my face as grandpa Pops and takes delight in trying to rip off my beard. It doesn't come off so easily.  Princess Baby J also seems to laugh when I pretend to be crying or in pain, she takes a delight. What on earth is going on in her mind? Who can tell, but seeing as she's got the genes of Sparkling and Rock Chick this baby will have every man round her little finger.

Eventually at some time this morning, I came downstairs following the meowing Olly and helped him out of the back door. he doesn't worry about me looking old. However he doesn't like the wind, mind I don't like being woken up several times at night, not knowing exactly what he wants. My cat thought reading skills are just not what they used to be. At which it was possible to get some sleep and up at 11:00 a.m. Poor Sparkling had been putting up with this for a few days, no wonder she was happy I turned up.

After time visiting Rock, Dangerous and Princess J we went over to the local cheapo superstore, at the back by the fridges there was a group of people. To tell the truth I'd seen them first but Sparkling who has an eye for deals got there first, and her mum.  By the time I'd got there they had been given a little Chrimbo present.  A free 14 pound turkey. It was big, bloody big. Normal price would of been 35 quid, they asked if there was any more turkeys for free, but it was the last one.  We hit the check out, I got there after Sparkling and Ma coz I was taking it easy.  Ten minutes later I met Ma at the end of the checkout. She said the young lad was going back to the store. He turned up with another two Turkeys (crowns) we'd just got three for free.  Recognizing we could not eat that much turkey between the two of us, Sparkling thought the next best thing to do was give it away to a charity.  Three phone calls later and we found a place who welcomed the turkey with open arms. It was going to a sheltered home, as Sparkling said, it felt good to give it away.

Returning back to the house we prepared dinner, steaks.  Sparkling did most of the cooking, I did most of the prepping and all the washing up. TV on and I pick up Harvey (ukulele) ready to get a little practice in. Then to my horror Micheal Buble is on, I know if this goes on any more I'll be wearing Harvey over my head.  So strategically stop. We watch a little and Sparkling proclaims she has seen it before. Except my time with Harvey is over, I can't practice now it will have to be another time. I think Sparkling is getting a bit annoyed with it. There's a time and place.  We swop channels and there is the comedy sci fi film called Paul. The near perfect Chrimbo eve, with Sparkling it is perfect.

No comments: