Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Temptation the breaker of diets

Today I have taken two steps back on my diet.  Now this happens once in a while, it's like the desire to pig out on crap food is more than I can cope. As the saying goes

I can resist everything except temptation

No truer a work was spoken by Oscar Wild.  Possibly this desire was the result of a busy though boring day at the Fish Factory. As always there is very little time to get anything done and still hundreds of emails drop into my tray, so I took a day of ignoring them and am sure something will explode like a hippopotamus with constipation and a bloated belly. 

The day has definitely been boring and this led me to get off the bus earlier when going home.  I took a detour and by some remarkable quirk of fate passed a church which had it's door open and a sandwich board standing out side. I read the print and though behold like the burning bush of fire and tablet of commitments the sign said "Slimming Club."  However the forces of gluttony were at work, they were driving me forward like a frenzy of galloping horses on LSD. So it was I marched pass the sign with no real second thought at all, because there was a plan in my head.  It went along the lines of, first get a bottle of diet coke then hit the chip shop then head home. The coke was essential because it works so well with Jack Daniel's, however, I didn't get the coke first and meandered past the chip shop because there was still a hesitant part of my brain which hadn't quite bought into the need to eat carbohydrates and put on a couple of pounds this evening.  Thing is the hesitant bit was distracted, that's exactly what it was for a man in the shop spoke out the words "why don't you come in?" Shite, that was it, I had been hooked. A few minutes later I walked out of Frank's chip shop with an open portion of chips and the proprietor had thrown in a free roast potato, fecking great, just what fat lad needed.

So now in my boated belly state I sit drinking a diet coke and JD, diet on account I am still on a diet and need to rid even more pounds than I did this morning.  The thing is since the Chrimbo holidays I have managed to actually lose 7 or 8 pounds, my target being at least a stone.  It's been slow going and will be in reverse if I keep this up.  Oh temptation what am I going to do about you, why do you haunt me and play cat and mouse with my desires with little warning? 

In the meantime I hear of Rock Chick, Dangerous Sports lad and Princess J have all been ill, they have some kind of stomach bug which means it's flow out of both ends.  If only I had that bug, I'd pay to have that bug. No work for a couple of days and life spent on the John.  When speaking to Sparkling Eyes this evening I told her of my awful break on the diet front.  How I needed to get a phone-a-friend-diet-buddy, to help talk me through these episodes. Her reply was she'd probably not of picked up the phone on account of being busy and then she went into play with my desires and say I would be wanting to eat the mini pork pies in the fridge.

If only I were slim again, the dilemma over food wouldn't be a problem, it would all be burnt off exercising, running and hitting the gym. Unfortunately the only thing I been hitting is my own conscience by giving into temptation. All I need is the strength of Hercules but in the form of will power.  Someone give us break, or a bight.


No comments: