Saturday, March 21, 2015

A boring Saturday

Well my Saturday has so far been a blank tablet, tabla rasa or to interpret a blank slate on which nothing has been achieved. Maybe not completely nothing, I did a film review of American Sniper and have been watching Youtube videos. The type of video I should not be watching. Ghosts, polotogiests, conspiracy theories about aliens and governments.  So all in all it has been a productive Saturday. Oh nearly forgot I'm still spending a good part of the day dabbling in a facebook online game which needs constant updating in order to progress.  This also is a solitary thing I do because I just don't like playing in a group even though the game is set up as a group activity. Why have facebook friends I'm never going to meet. In fact the definition of friend should also mean someone you actual see. Sparkling Eyes bombed me out this morning as she was doing her gardening so would not speak to me but we caught up this afternoon. At last.  The walls are not closing in on me so at the moment Cabin Fever is being kept at bay.  As a mild tangent to the day I checked the weather report only to find next Tuesday is predicted to have frost and possible snow.  Wonderful, so now it looks like Winter is dragging on to take down some of Spring as well. I don't know if it is me but it seems like we've had half a year of crap weather.

Yesterday I checked out facebook to see a picture of Princess J, whilst her mummy was out and daddy had fallen asleep she decided to get her little fingers on mummy's lipstick.  Although she probably ate as much as she got on her lips and cheeks.  I couldn't help but laugh and laugh. I have now seen the picture a dozen times and just love to see the Little Princess's cheeky face. This is the face of a mischievous adventurer who feels she has been put on this world to explore it in every sense. She has to get out and about and then she has to stay out and about as long as possible.  Not liking to be kept up locked indoors more than a day at most. Sparkling took Princess to a local children's playground, and while there she slid down the slide and then climbed up the slide, threw her dolly down the slide and then went down after it. On the swings she had to stand on the seat and hold on but when both I and Sparkling had our own hands on her to keep her safe she was unhappy, wriggled about and said "no" in her demanding voice. Like she knew what she was doing, what she wanted and it certainly did not involve any adult safety measures. She stood there and successfully managed to swing back and forth. I'll grant it was a gentle and small swinging motion while I and Sparkling had our hands at the ready to catch her.  She let go with one hand and began to fall forward. Sparkling was there. But Princess J did her own thing because it was what she wanted to do and she doesn't understand the consequences of what happens when she lets go.  All the time she smiled and laughed and had great fun.  It's amazing how infectious having fun with a small child can be. Maybe this is one of the reasons people have children, this as well as the enjoyment of making the child in the first place. lol.


It has not even been a week and I am missing Sparkling. In this evening's chat she told me how a pizza for two was calling out in her freezer waiting to be eaten, that she to missed me. I then saw an image of us in the kitchen with the pizza and putting our own choice of toppings on it. Sparkling would go for a generous helping of extra mature cheese, we'd throw extra green/red peppers ontop and when it came out there would be either chilli flakes or jalopeno peppers sliced up. It's good watching TV in Sparkling's company. I felt a tear or two trickle down from my eyes as I thought about it.  It will likely be about six or seven weeks before I get to see her again, so I'll just have to hold it together for the time being, book my leave and pay for a train ticket.


No comments: