Monday, May 18, 2015

Insomnia and little feet scurrying

I got hit by insomnia last night, but I know the reason why. Having spent the entire day indoors and then drinking a couple of Jack Daniels and coke in the evening.  They didn't seem to do anything until I was in bed, the caffeine kept me awake. I lay there eyes wide open thinking I should of made myself get up, then got out during the day and had a walk. Strange because Sunday is usually the day when I make sure I get up and out for a walk.  Just for this very reason. In fact I've been getting out and walking a mile or more most days, one day I even walked over four miles.  Then sleep comes like a witch has caste a spell.  It works which is all I can say.  So I lay there, did a little reading "1984" by George Orwell and then returned tossing from side to side.  I got hot possibly on account of it having been a hot day and the house being hot.  At about two thirty in the morning I heard a sound I was hoping had gone away.  It was the sound of little feet running across the floor boards in the loft. Not the feet of a ghost but the feet of a rodent of some description.  Wonderful, now I could lay there eyes wide open with the though of a rodent running over my bed or even up my legs. Just what I needed to stay alert.  It's always wonderful how the fear in your own mind can play a lot worse on you than the reality of a situation.  So tonight I will be reading up on rodents and trying to understand their habits and how to kill them.  Yes, my next occupation could be a night time rodent exterminator. Always on call. Bloody things do they not understand human beings are probably the most intelligent animal on the planet and residing in one of their homes could end up in their very own demise.  They need to learn this at an early age, but being on account they are stupid they don't. Still worse they shouldn't pick on someone who has occasional insomnia it can make him very irritable to say the least.

No comments: