Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Hot day in the factory

It was hot in the factory today, regardless of how many windows were open or fans switched on there was no escape. I went out at lunch time and passed a wall on the shady side, I touched it and it was warm. Not a good sign.

Meanwhile factory work was the third day of training on a new machine. How on earth do people learn to do new things? At times I've thought perhaps i have a little intelligence, but this machine was to prove me wrong. I looked hard at the screen in front of me, wasn't sure where to place the cursor. So gave up. The trainer went over it all again with everyone else in class, except me, she'd missed my consternations. It was too hot to be bothered, in the end the little bead of swet won out and dribbled down my back, taking more concentration and effort than the training.

It was my luck to have Loony Mary sitting next to me. Memo to self, when going on any kind of training course arrive early that way I can choose my own seat. Preferably near a window, or better a door for quick exit. However, Mary was good to me, she said she had bought some cornets and put them in the fridge, it had been her birthday. Awwwe. I was invited to have one. Cornet of course. I'd keep myself pleasant while i sat next to her, and desperately hope she didn't think I fancied her.

Tantalising Shiela came out of her office when I got back from training. I threw some insults at her and compliments in equal doses. She fortunately likes a laugh, and I'm on friendly terms with her. Especially over the last few months when Shiela has found her funny happy side. Must be the new boyfriend, he keeps her happy she in turn is happy at work. Women an hormones, the two inextricably linked.

Shiela told me about her black trousers because I'd commented she'd had a nice piece of jewellery where the belt button was. Though I could of said something else, less complimentary, but that would of been stretching it. Pun - get it. The buckle turned out to be a broach not a buckle. It was because her trousers had a "V" shape join at the top, it looked like she hadn't done them up properly. I'd asked if it was to stop her belly coming out. Shiela fainted kicking me. I was in one of those wierd funny moods when I couldn't help what my mouth said. A bit like being drunk, but in my case sobre. Shiela though could take it - on this occaision, until her own paranoia set in. Or is that hormones, and every man was a bastard.

No comments: