Saturday, July 22, 2006

Watching the golf

Met lazy long hair man for lunch in the pub. It gave me the opportunity to peak a look at the golf. Woods showing his tiger instinct and leading all the way. Poor old Els just seemed to be lacking a very small edge that he needs to catch or beat Tiger. Els missed a couple of shots which would of put him equal or infront of Tiger. I hope he can pull it off tomorrow - the final day.

Lazy long hair man has thought about joining the Army. I can't see him actually really joining the army because that would mean getting up in the morning earlier than 11:30 a.m. and mean some kind of work. But he explained over lunch he'd rather go in the army than be unemployed for so long. I asked if it was because of his situation at home. He nodded his head and said it was a factor he'd taken into account. A way of getting away from an alcoholic father and a depressive mother. I told long hair he could talk to me any time he wanted, because i'm here for him. He couldn't talk to his mum or his nan in the same way and was glad to have me, it's good i know just to chat and get things of your chest with someone who isn't going to intervene or ball you out. I said i wouldn't want his mum or dad wished on anyone but i'd want me as his uncle for everyone, Long hair laughed. I'd bunged him 20 quid as well, I hope it wasn't because of the bribe.

I glanced up at the TV and saw a fantastic hole shot from Garcia, he could be another possiblity for tomorrow.

When i asked long hair about getting his hair cut, he said he was going to go with his friend but his friend couldn't make it. Long hair admitted he didn't like going places on his own. The thought he might have some mild form of agraphobia whinced through my mind. Though i'm sure he doesn't really. I spoke of a bloke i could put long hair in contact with who was in the army and who'd tell him what the life was like. Long hair's only concern is he'd do his basic training and then be shipped out to Iraq. This is all of our concern at the moment. But the plus side is a multitude of different careers.

Well we'll see if long hair makes his interview with the army advisor on Monday what happens. Personally i still can't see him waking up in time to get there. He's a good kid, i can't think of anyone who long hair couldn't get on with, i make him laugh as much as i can. I'm sure he'd look better in green than his occaisional girly preference for pink. Now pink on the battle field, that would be a fashion statement for anyone.