Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Not what was expected

I sat on the backdoor step, my wonderful 5 year old nephew little monster boy had a seat, he ate his ice cream and chocolate sauce quite happily. I thought for a moment and said to him.

"You know what I can't think of a better time than now, just sitting here eating ice cream with you, it makes me very happy." His reply wasn't quite what i expected, along the same lines he said
"you know what would make me happy?"
I replied "No."
"If Doctor Who were on TV every day. But he's not real. It would make me happy if he was real and the Cybermen..."

Little Monster Boy has a fixation with Doctor Who. But even to the immediate effect of sitting with his favourite uncle and eating beautiful ice cream on a very hot day. Maybe next time i'll stick gravy on his ice cream and see what he thinks then.

Lunch yesterday again wasn't what i'd expected. Tantalising Shiela, Big woman and Tattoed girl sat outside in a very nice pub on a very hot day. I got merrily happy with my beverages, chit chat passed by. Tattoed girl seemed to have something on her mind, she wasn't at all perky, Big woman as though she'd had her arm twisted, and Tantalising Shiela not on form either as though held back. It was nice being outside eating a good meal and enjoying the sun but the whole experience was somewhat turned down. Not enough laughs.

It had been a planned event, odd how something which should of been a laugh turned out more of a wet squib. Athough i'd managed to have them all chuckle at my slight inebriation the funny side didn't go any further. Later as i thought of the conversations at lunch i felt a little sad, chances of Shiela and anything possible was not on. Her new man was going to be her new man and likely her old man. Expectations are not always a good thing to have, because they are open to being dissolved and leaving a lost aftertaste, not unpleasant just fading away.