Thursday, July 24, 2008

A little Salsa in the morning

This morning I got up and before leaving practiced a few Salsa steps. I'd been checking them out on youtube and was amazed how rhythmic it can be, and even how one person can do it on their own. So it could be, my normal weird fat man tries to dance routine can become a not so weird and isn't he good fat man dancing routine. As Bruce Forsythe might of said. In one breath. Didn't he do well? YES he did Brucee.

I was a little perturbed by the reaction received from Sparkling Eyes. She intimated in pretty straight forward words I was going through a mid life crisis, then to get ready for the ride. Thing is I am over my mid life mark now so it can't be a mid life crisis. My response was along the lines of, great, I can't wait for next week because then it will be an open top car and a 22 year old girlfriend. Most everyone else I've spoken to have laughed at my attempt to Salsa but they have found it exciting or interesting or something along these lines. Especially the leaning over bit when I demonstrate the steps. Though I think I have managed to shake off the inadvertent lean after this morning's practice. It's nice to be encouraged.

Salsa is an up and coming dance in London, and as I talk to people around me I find a number who actually have tried it, done it, or are doing it. Amazing. All different ages, shapes, sizes. It must be in London such an activity is not associated with body snatching, vampirism and burning at the stake of heretics. Of course these other items I practice much later in the day and they are honestly nothing like Salsa at all. The steps are all different.

No comments: