Thursday, July 10, 2008

Text message to unsettle

Sometimes in a pretty ordinary day which is going along without any issues, the type I like, something happens which can be annoying for the remaining daylight hours. Today this little problem came from a third party. Sparkling Eyes had texted me because wonderful Rock Chick had said something I should know about. Sparkling had told Rock Chick I occasionally spend my lunch break in the Church Court yard enjoying the company of squirrels and pigeons. Rock Chick had taken from this an interpretation and warning. Of course rather than keep this to herself Sparkling had to share it with me. It reminded me of the time I was made to watch a horror movie which Rock Chick liked, but I found disturbing. I don't know why, but teenage girls have things about horror movies. Like they must find and watch the worst to show they are without fear. Unfortunately this fearlessness does not extend towards middle aged fat men. After watching the DVD, I spent the next 2 weeks checking behind me just in case there happened to be the floating ghost of a Chinese man. There wasn't. But the effect lasted. So going back to the message.

Rock Chick's interpretation was along the lines of sitting in Church Yards eating lunch was not a good thing. The reason being ghosts from the Church Yard attach themselves to you and follow you home. I really didn't know about this. It was something I didn't want to know about. In fact it's a load of codswallop. They don't. Because I keep looking. And have seen nothing. No ghost. No floating man, nothing. So why did it play on my senses I ask myself? Because it was completely unexpected. A bit like watching a Jaws movie, you never know when you're going to end up as fish food. My nice quite ordinary day was now troubled. And it doesn't matter what I do this bloody thing is following me about now. I mean, not thing but thought.

Who needs ghosts when a teenager will do?

No comments: