Sunday, April 21, 2013

The Ukulele must be returned.

The marathon is on today in London, there was 36,000 entrants. Out of respect for what happened at Boston runners have worn black arm bands.  It has been cold but sunny, the near perfect conditions to run in for faster runners.

While watching the marathon on TV I've been boxing up Harvey. He can be collected on Tuesday and returned to the shop. I don't know what to expect from this distributor. I suppose it is the same for anyone who experiences returning goods which have not fulfilled their requirements.  Part of me doesn't like doing this kind of thing and wonders how they deal with returned goods. It's all down to attitude and philosophy. I know the first choice will be to try and repair Harvey, to find out what is wrong with him.  It may not be obvious to them the string rattles and buzzes, but it is to me.  It could be a simple problem to fix, but I can't help thinking it should of been picked up before Harvey was posted to me. Surely I ask myself they gave him a strum and tested he was fine.  It put me in a bad mood when I got him. Which was why I decided it best to let myself cool down before contacting them, this way I was calm and reasoned.  If you are not reasoned and clear, people can put up barriers.  If they are deal with my complaint well then I will likely shop there again. If it turns out to be a nightmare then I'll not shop there again. We'll just have to see how it goes. I got to get out of this grump and disappointment frame of mind.

So for the time being it will be back to Bertha. Her action is too high and I realise this a lot more now having played Harvey. The thing with Bertha though is she buzzes consistently. This is always on the A string and on the second fret. Consistency is good. OK she may cause finger soreness but she's a good teacher and reliable and I like her because she is my first Ukulele and Sparkling got Bertha for me. It meant Sparkling actually listening to my request. I am so easy to buy for, unlike Sparkling.  Sparkling said to me we need a holiday this year and I am inclined to be in agreement. I keep wondering though how I will go about packing a Ukulele to come on holiday, whether it would be allowed as hand luggage. These things are fragile, I just don't want it thrown in with all the other luggage. Those luggage handlers can't be gentle when they are throwing hundreds of bags on a plane. Anyway it's food for thought, as well as where on earth to holiday. Somewhere relaxing, with a little history, cheap would be good and English speaking good as well. Ok where's that map of the world.


No comments: