Wednesday, April 17, 2013

A day off and what to do or not to do

Well it's a day off work and I don't know what to do with myself. The new Ukulele delivered yesterday, is not impressing at the moment. Either I'm not skilled enough to appreciate it or there is something wrong with the product, so I scratch my head wondering what it could be. If it comes to it I'll have to return it back to the online shop I got it from. I had thought about going out to bet a new pair of shoes or boots. This didn't happen. I had thought of laying in bed a bit longer than normal, this didn't happen, the sun came out and being constantly woken up by outside sources made sleep yet another intermittent affair. I thought, well, I need to relax, I really have a great need to chill out as the Fish Factory has been mentally stressful. There's a constant tinnitus now in my ears and I don't know if this is high blood pressure, stress or just a hearing problem. Were I to go partially deaf it might even be an advantage. Otherwise were I to fall over and have a stroke, gurgling saliva and not being able to function this would be a distinct disadvantage. Heck, a bloody distinct disadvantage.  Being a vegetable was not part of a future CV. What I did do was avoid the funeral of an ex prime minister. Which in itself is a great event. Shall I send a complaint to the BBC about the song they refuse to play? It's a possibility.  At last I got out of the house, got away from watching old movies and have done something. I could of gone for some exercise.  Got on my bike and just cycled, but didn't. However, chilling in a nice pub with an expensive cup of coffee, laptop on and fingers dancing over the keys is the best necessary option at this time.

Yesterday at the Fish Factory I needed time to think and I need peace and quiet. But this is not something which can happen in an open planned environment. Not one which is designed along the lines of a car park. Except with a carpet and desks.  After having an argument with a Fish who wouldn't listen to what I had to say and had the notion if they just kept on repeating themselves the situation would change and I'd do what they asked.  Of course this didn't happen.  After having enough of ranting and raving, I advised them I was going to put the phone down. I did. At this moment a moment of relief came over me. Some people just come across as mentally ill when they think they are better and know more and by out shouting, screaming or vicious circle argument think something will be achieved. I sat there looking the monitor, needing a moment to collect my thoughts. A moment to get back on with the work I get paid to do. The peace did not come. I knew it wouldn't. There must be a way to accept and deal with these workplace turmoils. One which doesn't involve being mentally abused or having a lingering effect of the mental abuse bestowed by other people in this world.  I refuse to accept situations change me and control me and sometimes grasp onto this thought with both hands and tight. I will keep myself calm and composed. It's a fact there are frequent situations where people do not agree with what I say. Not because they are right, but because they are wrong and they are emotionally embroiled in the belief they are right. There is only so much bending backwards I can do before I start to see the back of my heels and this has happened too much. The buzzing in my ears is still there, I need two or three months off work. Unfortunately in the fast paced environment of the Fish Factory such a time would be an eternity. Too many things change. Sit down for five minutes and you'll find a layer of dust on your head.

Perhaps it is a holiday I need.  One away from it all. One in another country. A place where  relaxation is the main item on the agenda. Of course Sparkling will come along as well, she works hard and needs the break equally. There is only so many days, seconds, minutes in a life so using them wisely and breaking out of the chains of stress and strains seems like a good idea. A very good idea, now just to find the time the place and...

No comments: