Saturday, March 08, 2014

Grumpy old man gets dumped

I got a problem with my upper left arm, it plain hurts when moved in certain positions, I think it's the muscle and need to see a doctor. However, considering how busy it always is at the Fish Factory get out and seeing the doc is a difficult thing so it's a matter of putting up with the pain. Ouch. I'm getting old. Which goes on to Sparkling getting annoyed at me for being old and poorly. She has to give me her opinion, as she does all the time because it annoys her.  Apparently now she considers that I am getting older than her, even though she is older by a few months.  There was I thinking it's good to be the Toy Boy of our relationship. Unfortunately I'm not much of either a Toy or a Boy and Sparkling knows this. So she has in turn told me I am going to get dumped if I carry on getting grumpy and old the way I am. I said to her, this was not a matter of playing Trivial Pursuit (TP) and getting to read the answers on all the cards before playing.  Which by the way happened to be something Sparkling would do with Rock Chick when they played TP.  I was younger then, a lot younger and also I had took it for granted my TP knowledge was appalling, whereas the dreaded duo together seemed to always get a high score. Sparkling thought this was funny but it is in typical Sparkling and Rock Chick form to stack the cards in their favour and win a game whenever they can.  But the idea of dropping me like a stone just because I have become a grumpy old man (GOM) is bloody awful.  The thing is I don't consider myself a GOM.  Well to rectify the matter Sparkling said when I next see her, which will be next week she is going to give me a dressing down. At the same time it is ironic I should be given a good talking to just because I moan. This sounds like additional moaning therapy which is not going to change me but rather make me unhappy.

I think of the time when we went to Krakow, and Sparkling had a dippy hippy. It is an allergy Sparkling has when coming to walking, unless it is pushing a pram with Princess J inside and when in Krakow Sparkling's hip was playing up.  She was in discomfort and complained about it.  So we tended to walk slowly and it meant Sparkling preferred to sit at cafes drinking a glass of wine than doing too much walking.  Sparkling doesn't like heights, so doesn't go into the attic, this is always my job. It is like some jobs must be allocated to me. Though I can understand this after all I am the man.  Which sounds pretty cool when I say it, so I'll say it again, I am the man.  Except Sparkling wears the trousers and I do what she tells me to to do. Or most of the time I do it. Which probably means if Sparkling tells me to shut up and stop moaning I'll have to find the motivation to shut up. 

As I spoke to Sparkling on my phone, this afternoon and she told me about getting dumped, she then said how annoyed she was at the phone conversation because it kept breaking up. This can happen while walking along and chatting on a mobile. She got to the point of saying if it happened again she was going to cut off the phone and not answer it. Well I walked slower in order for the signal to work, but it didn't work so Sparkling cut me off. Therefore when it comes to moaning it seems to me, Sparkling does not like to hear me moan but it is OK if she moans and particularly moans at me. It is also perfectly OK to cut me off on the phone because it is my fault for the quality of the phone line and my fault she is getting annoyed.  Yes, it seems I have to mend my ways and stop moaning about things because of course I am in the wrong and a grump old man. I'd sure hate it if I were ever right.

No comments: