Monday, July 27, 2015

Hypocrisy as a defence

I am like any other human being guilty of hypocrisy, in my last BLOG I wrote about the things which stop you doing what you want to do and ways to overcome them. Yet, yesterday was one of the most time wasting days I could of had.  It rained in the morning which put a dampner on going out for the usual long Sunday walk. I could of taken off in the afternoon but didn't. Though I did cook a dinner which was probably the most productive thing achieved all day. What I could of done was write a To-Do list and then started doing some of those things that were on it.  In fact if ever in need of doing something a To-Do list is like a guiding light in the fog it leads the way. Of course one of the other things necessary is having the motivation. This is what differentiates the doers from the not doers.  If you have motivation then a lot can be achieved. Sometimes just like in the same way I lose weight the option To-Do something has to be tackled a small bit at a time. Just one small item as part of the whole to change the way things are. Then if all those small items are added up they become one very big thing achieved.  Yesterday I watched too much You-tube and think I have an addiction problem.  Blaming the rain is probably going over the top, rain hardly makes someone just sit on their arse all day and watch you-tube.  They say the first thing with tackling an addiction is recognising you have one, "I am an addict" my name is Mr Addicted to you-tube I need help.  I am a hypocrite and want to change my life.  One step at a time son, one step.  It will all fall in place or you'll get square eyes and be abandoned by your friends and family.  Shite I realised I don't get on with my family and have no friends.  This is serious, I need to look for the solution to this problem. Or as the Chinese say every problem is an opportunity. I should of been born Chinese then maybe I'd have more friends, more family and more impetus to get off my fat arse and do something. 

I walked to work today and I walked home, each way is just over two miles so it probably totals slightly over 400 calories in all. While walking home someone shouted out in a passing car.  There was nobody else about, the road was narrow so it could of been me they were shouting to, I don't know if it was a derogatory shout or a friendly shout, but in all probability it was the shout of some idiot in a car who needs attention. Perhaps he needed a friend, now if he'd of stopped then a problem could of become an opportunity. Either that or I got my head kicked in. I say this because I live in London and depending on what part of London you live in the neighbourhood will have a certain feel to it, it has this aura.  You can tell by watching the news TV and seeing how many times a year your particular neighbourhood pops up.  Of course it also pops up in the national news papers as well as the local rags.  In the last week or so these are some of the things which hit the headlines: a fight broke out at a 24 hours supermarket, a group of young shopper was video'd and it was put on social media, a young man (young again) died inhaling nitrous oxide an ambulance came but they could not resuscitate at the doors to a block of flats (apartment buildings to Americans). Another man was arrested while trying to escape police but he didn't want to get arrested so stabbed two of the officers.  A motorcyclist died while racing his bike with an estimated twenty other bikers on a main road.  There are other articles but these are the most recent ones.  News like this is sensationalised in the press and so it gives you a kind of feeling about the area you live in, and my feeling is it's maybe not the poshest neighbourhood in the world.  Oh well at least it is entertaining.

All in all spending Sunday indoors with You-tube might of been the safest option after all.  At least there was no danger of getting physically assaulted unless it was tidying up my own room and a book falling on my head. Which didn't happen because it would of been something to talk about.  I suppose when you live in a area like this going on a round the world adventure back packing tourist thing is probably less likely to be as dangerous. Until the euro drops like a stone and Europe descends into economic crisis as, Portugal, Greece, Spain and Italy no longer have the means to stay financially afloat.  Worse things happen at sea they say, or worse things happen locally in other cases.

No comments: