Sunday, July 24, 2022

Being a husband

 The job of a husband is a difficult one. It's like my time is no longer my time. Even if I'm required to give my beautiful wife a back tickle in the morning once up she'll be saying "why haven't you done..." I wouldn't mind I would of got up at least two hours earlier but didn't want to disturb her sleep and also know I would be remiss of my duties if said back had not been tickled. For which the response would of been along the lines of "You're neglecting me..." It seems to me there are just so many things which need to be done. The five tree stumps in the back garden, the fence which was exactly where the tree stumps needs to be done, a house number has to be screwed to the brick wall, a new door bell bought, wood chippings are required for the allotment, I'm not doing any of the house cleaning, I've not made any meals, the things around the house which are done my beautiful wife tells me are not done by magic. I know the cars need a clean and a wash which I'd rather do as well but haven't gotten round to in weeks.

This is what happens when you get married late in life and your wife knows how things go but you don't. I tried the old "darling you look lovely in that blouse, I really like it" to which she laughed and said "I know what you're trying to do, you're trying to throw me a compliment and distract me" at which she then made a lunge for my omolophobia button to show she had control.

I so love my beautiful wife, she is the light of my life and makes me so incredibly happy, I mostly make her happy to, but I'm no longer a single person I am property of my wife. I know, it's stamped on my arse.

No comments: