Wednesday, July 20, 2022

Memories of the young and realities of the growing up

 It's funny getting old. I recall when Monster Boy loved to be taken out for a walk to the park, I played the monster and he would laugh hysterically as I chased after him. He's in his early twenties now and is suspected to have schizophrenia. His character is no longer carefree and it's as though he has a weight on his shoulders. He's not able to verbalise how he feels, it's like there's a block there. I know this is the same with every teenager and take it he is a late developer who's had to many family issues to count. So it's no wonder he can't communicate. I would like to help him more, but I'm unable to, I'm not his father he was handed a bad set of cards when growing up. I don't know what will happen of him and hope perhaps he will change. Unfortunately, I've seen the same bad set of cards handed to his older brother and he to has a mental health disorder which has got progressively worse. I can't help it, I remember them as children and want them to be happy and not grown up pricks.

Whereas today I was playing with my 4 year old grandson, Car Boy. He's completely infatuated with cars, he doesn't just play with them he loves to watch them crash on animated videos. We had fun, he laughed a awful lot and he was emotional at every whim he could possibly have. He also told me to F... off, but it was his emotions getting the better of him. It is funny even though awful to hear him say those words. perhaps I shouldn't swear so much either.

When we are young life is so simple and there is almost always a pair of warm comforting arms to hug away the tears. Oh how simple life seems in those early years.

No comments: