Sunday, April 29, 2007

Morning creativity

It's odd what thoughts go through my head in the morning while on my way to work. There's this soliloquy commenting on various subjects which I think to myself are very interesting. It don't stop, it just carries on during the walk up the road. I like listening to it and wonder such thoughts should be written down. Trying to make a mental note to actually write them later. However, they inevitably fade away and I forget what was so interesting in the morning. It's at this point the notion of getting some kind of recording device comes to mind. Whether it just be a pen and paper or perhaps a digital recorder. Then later on they can be written up. The other notion also comes, because they are interesting to me at the time it doesn't mean they would be interesting to other people.

A similar creativity comes immediately when I sit down in the pub and I'm near the end of my first pint. The voice begins up again and the conversation and characters develop their depth. For instance balding man who has natural acerbic wit bordering on sarcasm, but very much a part of his personality. He's a softy at heart but a lot of people could easily dislike him. Think him a smarty pants and punch his lights out. I find balding man very funny, though I also believe he's probably an alcoholic. In fact the 3 or 4 regulars I sit with are probably all in varying degrees of alcoholism. From the completely pickled man who always sits in the same seat to the man who works at home and drinks to he pukes. He has these little gauges under his eye lids, they flip up and say FULL when he's had enough pints, then just walks out the pub without saying anything to anyone. As for fat man, I can't say i really see eye to eye with him but rather accept his company or have to accept his company. He has an arrogance about him in his own self important opinions so I've now developed an ability to just let it run off like water off a ducks back. And then state my own point because sometimes you just have no choice.

Then time passes and it's BLOG time, at which point I'm usually knackered and forgotten the day's events. Just when I should be putting them down in words for anyone to read. I wonder if people who read BLOGS are getting a free reading rather than buy a book. But then, BLOG authors are just opening up their lives for scrutiny at their own behest. Where did I put my microscope and how can I get royalties on what I put on a blog? No my name isn't Prince William.

No comments: