Sunday, April 08, 2007

Trip to Hastings

I went to Hastings with Green Car man and the little oriental fella. It was sunny and windy. But nice to get out of London. To have a long weekend away from the Fish Factory for a start.

Hastings I decided was a dive. All it seems to have is chip shops, pubs and amusement arcades. There's nothing in the way of night life, well certainly not on the sea front. Besides plenty of sea air. And a shale beach. Which is quite large as far as south coast beaches go. Certainly a lot larger than Margate which is another even deeper dive sea side resort. It must be something to do with their seasonal demand. We popped into a sweet shop which I thought was well overpriced. £1.50 for a 150 grams of lime an chocolate sweets. A rip off. A Woolworths would of put them to shame. We discussed how it must be a sorrowful plight for people who lived in the area and wanted work. There are times when a metropolis has it's advantages.

We played crazy golf. And although we may have been the odd bunch because most players seemed to be families the game was fun, we all had a laugh. I managed to get 3 holes in one while green car man, the expert golfer amongst us only got a single hole in one. We had fish n chips for supper. The fish was enormous and the chips small. Then it was time to head back, with the roads getting pretty dark where they didn't have lights.

While in Hastings I thought of Beautiful Eyes and her lost family tie. I breifly considered my own cousins and an aunt who lived here somewhere. I haven't seen them in years and am sure I wouldn't even recognise them.

The sea air was good for shaking out cobwebs. It was a pensive day overall.

No comments: