Wednesday, October 17, 2007

England lose 2 - 1, but for a pint of guinness

I've just seen England play Russia, England lost 2-1. So much for the fighting bull dog spirit. I'm sure it will be happy news to any Scots person. No doubt Sparkling was supporting Russia. But such is the rivalry of Scotland and England. Who both love to hate each other when it comes to sport. As for England as a footy team. They encroach the term ineptitude. We score a goal and then like scared whippets stay back in our own half just hoping the rest of the game will go by without having to do to much. Though this would be an unfair comment because once Russia scored their second goal England did try to put a bit more welly into it. Me, I just drank my second pint of Guinness and tried to chill. It's surprising how even losing a game of footy can be relaxing if you have a pint in your hand. Like I had.

No comments: