Sunday, October 07, 2007

Life with Sparkling Eyes

It's the second day of a week in the company of Sparkling Eyes and Rock Chick. I can't count the number of times Sparkling Eyes has thrown verbal abuse at me, in her loving way. Of the likes "ya big fat bast***" but even tho these are just words I know the way she says them they are words of affection. I hope. Of course so I should, otherwise I'd be in trouble. As I sit here writing Sparkling Eyes takes the Pi** out of me or anything I might write. It's OK I had to sit through a documentary of Donny Osmond whom Sparkling wanted to marry and have a 100 children by, because I'm just Crazyman, trying to make sense of the world. Because Sparkling used to love Donny, and probably does. And even if she speaks his name in her sleep, I have to ignore it. So I will.

The worse thing about Sparkling Eyes is whenever I tell her about my fears of this world, she then capitalises on them. She throws them at me, ties me up, spins a circle of magic, harangues, ca joules, and lightly laughs. She changes the world for me. Even the most worrying of issues becomes no more than something to throw custard pies at. As she talks while I write, I have now resorted to packing ear plugs in. One in each ear. But still her comments filter through. I am drunk. Inebriated, am happy. No matter what Sparkling Eyes says or does. I must be mad. In love. Or beyond redemption. Save me. Someone.

I can't even focus properly, it's the wine, not my eyes. The wine has an effect. But so does the chatter which comes forth from Sparkling. Not to mention she has now changed the channel on the TV so I don't get to see the re-run of aliens for the 41st time. Yep, for the next few days my life will be up turned. Changed. Beyond redemption. I am captured. But I enjoy it, each and every moment. Upside down and turned around. My eyes and head spin.

OK I may have to fill the dishwasher, put up with temper tantrums from Rock Chick. But I also get to play Devils Advocate. With my own Sparkling Eye I'll throw in a mischievous comment, chuckle quietly and wait for the repercussions to come bouncing back at me. Or the wrath of Rock Chick. But it's great to see Rock Chick laugh and be happy. It is a happy time for me. I float. Carried on the vapour of intoxication. Oh well, hope my head don't hurt in the morning.

No comments: