Friday, November 09, 2007

New Fish Counter

Well I've been moved to a new fish counter in the fish factory, though only a short distance from the one I used to sit at. Normally I sit industriously gutting the quota of sardines, but today was a bit of a wipe out. I'm seated closer to Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum. They're nice enough but they have a different attitude on how to deal with fish gutting. Tweedle Dee most certainly does and it's as though, this is a part time job in which the fish can pile up to be dealt with as and when the moment in-between doing other stuff arrises. While Tweedle Dum, though not at all in any sense Dum, far from it, has a penance for talking dribble, and making jokes. Unfortunately this is all a bad influence on me. A very bad influence. Because now I find the naughty boy coming out, and from being an industrious fish gutter to becoming a laid back have a laugh and not do anything observer. I don't appreciate it.

I like getting focused on slicing open the bellies of Sardines, but as I said today was a wipe out. An utter and truly disappointingly non work productive wipe out. Someone will go without their tin of sardines next week. And because of my seated proximity the ear plugs don't work. They just are not up to the job. I may have to consider being moved again for my own sanity and productivity. Yes, I like the odd chat the little scive here and there, but not an entire day. Not 7 hours.

Long haired boy's birthday is coming up soon. He'll be 20 years old and so out of his teens. I can recall when Silly Sophia was in hospital about to give birth. She was a depressive first time mother and suffered from Post Natal Depression to boot. What a person to have as a mum! She cares for him and her other sprogs yes; but it seems so unfair in this world some people can have children and they are not grown up enough to look after themselves. They are unable to see everything they now do in their new family role doesn't just effect themselves it effects their children. If there were an exam for parenthood half the people in the world would fail it. Half the disturbed unhappy up bringings would never happen. Half the sad stories told would never be told. Then perhaps it is only through adverse childhoods some people become better people. We're all allowed to make our own mistakes, it's what being given a life is about. Would I have been who I am now if I had not had my experience of domestic disharmony? Maybe, maybe not. Unfortunately only a few can be royalty or born with wealthy parents. However, being rich in love is I believe more important than anything else.

I've also been thinking of Sparkling Eyes and miss her. Thinking of Rock Chick and how upset she get's when someone who should love her hurts her. Then I get angry. But Sparkling is a wonderful loving mother, a requirement for any growing up human being. Rock will get through these times, and the one person she will care and think of will be Sparkling Eyes. As do I.

No comments: