Sunday, November 04, 2007

Sunday meanderings

There reaches a time on Sunday evenings where I can find nothing to do, nothing to occupy my mind. Sitting looking through DVD's and not really wanting to commit myself to watching any of them. Whilst this morning I was brimming with ideas but no time to write them down. Ideas of writing a story. However, writing is a long term commitment, quite unlike doing the odd blog. Which most anyone can do. Sitting down and actually putting pen to paper for extended periods in one long piece of writing is hard work. Though I did manage it when I wrote a Thesis which I had researched a lot for. It ended up at about 24 thousand words. And I was then told my limitation had to be 17 thousand words. Now if there's a contortionist trick to cutting words down, it's one thing I did learn how to do. Which also took 3 weeks to complete. Snip here snip there everywhere a snip snip.

We have a stray cat who now visits us. He seems to do nothing but eat. He's one of those kitty cats. Not yet mature. But growing every day. Especially with the 3 meals he gets. He was rescued from the bottom of our garden. One leg was pushed right through his collar. He looked like he was starving. Having been trapped in a corner of a neighbours shed. How on earth he got in there is beyond me to fathom out. Just he was pretty happy to get let out. Then I think he must of forgotten or lost his way back to his own home. So now, he visits us and eats here. We are the free food cafe for a stray. I call him stinky. Because he smells. A mate of mine says he needs his bollocks snipped. He said it can be done with two bricks and only hurts if you get your fingers caught. He was joking. Not for real folks. I could see Sparkling Eyes coming at me with a couple of bricks if i were so callous enough to do it to a cat. The thought brings a shudder to me. A cold sweat, a tingling nerve. Better think about something else.

So goes the moment on a Sunday evening when I just can't find anything to do with myself. Stray thoughts, meanderings of a crazy man. Fortunately in a few hours it will be Monday. Oh tell me why I like Mondays.

No comments: