Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Russian Hat at home


I was in Camden Market on Sunday past and bought a traditional looking Russian hat. It's even got the little red star badge on the front. Made I guess from some simulated fur. Or should I say cheap artificial fur. And it's in a lovely grey. I actually like it. Though maybe the fur could be on the inside. But it's good. There's two ear flaps tied up on the top which can drop down and keep my ears warm. It has a very practical use and is something anyone would die for in a time when snow and ice are around.


I took a couple of pics of me wearing my hat and put them on my msn messenger. Little did I know Sparkling Eyes was not going to like it. In reality, why go out of your own house and laughed at by strangers when you can sit in your nice warm room, with your lovely Russian hat at home and be poked fun at in private as well. I was advised not to bring the hat when I next go up to Scotland. I could be stoned by people in the street. And there I was thinking society had become a bit more liberal. Young lads can walk down the street with their jeans half way down their backsides and wear oversized baseball caps that look like babies should be wearing them and it's called fashion. Whilst a 40 something male wearing a very practical useful, head warming hat could be ridiculed.


Well come on winter, that's all I say. Come on snow. The more the merrier, I'm waiting for you. I'll be in the rafters looking up, at the ready. And when it comes and the world is covered in a white freeze my hat is coming out. I wonder if those kids with jeans half way round their arses will still be flashing their boxer shorts?

No comments: