Wednesday, November 21, 2007

On the Cognac with a Russian Hat

I sit here writing my intrepid blog of life experience and guess what? Yes, you got it, I'm wearing my wonderful Russian hat. It brings me inspiration. Makes my head warm and a little itchy. But if you can't wear a funny Russian hat in doors with no one watching where can you? With the company of a bottle of cognac. French. When in fact it should be Vodka. Russian. Yet I'm not too fond on of the taste of Voddy. Then again it might not be so bad when the hat is on. I could even acquire a taste for it. Swig. Nope the cognac will do fine.

I could go on to moan and groan about my day at work. Which is as non eventful as I can make it. However, unfortunately it was predicated by the work disastrous duo, Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum. I managed to get time off agreed to see the ever so wonderful Sparkling Eyes for a week just before Chrimbo. Swig. Yet, another swig. And now I cast my mind back. Though not completely over my shoulder to recall last night when Fat Boy from Dundee gave me a load of verbal abuse on MSN. I of course would not expect anything else. And must admit it always makes me smile, he's a big soft lump who has mastered the art of what he calls "the stare." It's an expression he puts on when facing recalcitrant teenagers. Unfortunately my version of "the stare" does not work. Rock Chick always warns me to be aware when Fat Boy isn't around. Swig. Boy am I glad she's now got a boyfriend, I owe him a pat on the back.

Presently England are playing Croatia on the box. And bollocks Croatia have scored in the first 7 minutes. Sparkling Eyes is not watching it as a protest. But if she was she'd be screaming for Croatia. I can support Scotland but she could never support England. The rivalry between England and Scotland in football is a chasm. Hell, there goes the national anthem, something I really detest, because it is demeaning for ordinary working class English people, but the poor idiots who sing it don't understand. Great we've had 2 close tries at goal and missed each time. Looks like our players need a map. And some of them a few lessons in how to read it. Catastrophe, I can not believe it now 13 minutes gone and Croatia have scored again. Bloody ell, think England now need white sticks to go with their map reading course.

Swig. Rang Sparkling Eyes with the news, she yelled out in support of Croatia. Swig. She wants me to ring her if Croatia score again. Think I'll just watch the first half then concentrate on something more interesting. Oh yes, here's some knitting I did earlier, now what can I make to match my hat?

No comments: