Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Scams on ebay

When something riles me up I get angry. This can either dissipate slowly, fast or result in me dong something. The doing something part depends on how much effort is associated with the grievance. Now, I have decided to be incredibly careful or not purchase goods on ebay. Particularly because I've realised I was due two sets of refunds, and neither turned up. So I have reason to be aware or as the latin phrase goes emptor caveat (buyer beware), or on your own head be it.

I had tried to purchase a MP3 player through ebay some months ago. The seller in Hong Kong chose not to sell the item even though I had fairly won it. Perhaps they decided it was not enough money, but alternatively perhaps they thought "here is another sucker" slapped their hands together and watched the money go into their bank account with a gleeful smile. Not to mention background music of Louis Armstrong singing "What a wonderful world." Big cigar smoking, pat on back, and little asian lady on beck and call. Several emails came to me from the seller. They were all of the nature of "please withdraw your comments and we will refund you the monies" Of course my reply was, of the nature "return my money then i will withdraw the comments." Time passed, more emails sent then nothing. The problem was letting the time pass by and doing nothing. That was like shooting myself in the foot. Maybe that's why mother nature gave us ten toes. Like a cat has 9 lives, we can shoot each toe off with each mistake. Presently I'd be walking on stubs.

In reviewing my emails, I also found a second purchase made where the buyer was trying to return monies back to me. Again several months ago and I'd sat on my backside watching paint dry. The items were not expensive but still it was my hard earned cash gone into some Hong Kong syndicate. Yes, both purchases were for electrical goods from Hong Kong. No wonder China doesn't want to invade HK because they got my dosh and probably the dosh from quite a few other unsuspecting ebayers.

I checked out ebay and also Paypal. Because I'd allowed too much time to pass by there is very little garantee or come back I now have. I am out of pocket, stung, hung up and dried like Tutemkarmen. Worse probably. So the motto is, get mad and act quick and of course emptor caveat. Otherwise some little Hong Kong ebay seller will light up his next cigar and begin his speach in Cantonese one what the West did for the East. And how good it is democracy in the West supports the East. Well maybe he's got a big family, lots of little mouths to feed. Or maybe I should just get the big message written accross my forehead removed. Yes, the one read by all and sundry. "SUCKER!!!!!!"

No comments: