Tuesday, January 08, 2008

2008 meets the bionic woman

OK so it's a few more days into 2008, and I'm still wondering what I am going to do. It's not a matter of procrastinating, though it might be, I hope it's not. I checked out some courses and then heard the government are going to stop subsidies on part time educational bents. Bloody typical, I didn't even know there was help available and then the government withdraws it. It seems wherever there is a chance to cut funds to the people who need it then the British Government will do their best to find a way to cut. It's not very labour like. In fact they should change their political persuasion. Perhaps call themselves the middle-of-the-road party.

So in the process of considering what my next move is I've just seen the first 8 episodes of the Bionic woman. Played by an English actress called Michelle Ryan who happened to have started in a Soap called Eastenders first. During the first episode I kept expecting her to talk like a Cockney at any time. Then I thought maybe some American woman is the voice and she's just moving her mouth saying words which are dubbed out of the frame and overlapped by the American actress. But after a couple of episodes I soon got into the swing of this miss matched image and voice. Why on earth the producers and directors didn't let her remain English I don't know. I'm sure the Americans are not stupid enough to be caught out by her put-on American accent. In one episode she actually has to pretend to be English. And in typical American stereotype she has to have a middle-to-upper class Oxford accent. This made me want to puke. Hey if there's any Americans out there check out the English actor in the series "Dead like Me" now he is English and not some nonced up put-on just for the American audience. Then that's a Canadian series not American.

I'll be off in a week or so to see Sparkling Eyes again. I'm sure she'll be practicing her kick me up the ass routine if I don't make myself useful. To tell the truth I'm fed up with attempting to put up doors with the wrong tools knowing I'm being set up to fail. Maybe I should take up some kind of wood working. Which could be useful. Useful when hanging doors I bet.

No comments: