Thursday, January 24, 2008

Returned with a Chicken Pox Warning

I returned from Scotland to London today. As I left sheets of sleet obscured vision, chilly air spewed forth clouds of frosted breath and I got on a 4 minute delayed train. An old and slightly odd couple sat on the other side of the carriage from me. Odd, because they talked with plums in their mouth. As though brought up from some rich or middle class background. I settled into my seat facing forward and time flew by. Taking a look out of the window at York the inevitable flooded field and high stream threatened to drown the city. But some how it clings on to an imaginary boy. Maybe donut shaped. It bobs up and down and fortunately the train line remains dry as do the stones surrounding them. The train trundled on towards London and I sent a text message to Sparkling Eyes.

After a returned text asking if I'd received the other text messages she had tried to send me, the news came. Yep. Typical and something to make me sweat with dread besides the creeping onset of flu. One of our party from the log cabin had come down with Chicken Pox an adult not a child. He must of been a carrier for the days he was there amongst us. This is very bad news. I've had the pox which means I'd be in line for the Shingles and what gruesome stories I've heard about them. Great. Shingles+Flu=lurgies. My head is aching bad enough as it is. I don't want to drown myself in sorrows of hypochondria, or worse the real thing, but I can't help being a pessimist at times. It's a different thing thinking you could be having a brain hemorrhage because you smell toast in the morning and nobody is making toast. However, Shingles is not what I had in mind. I spoke to Rock Chick on the phone and let her know. She to thinks she could be having a brain embolism. Even though I said it only occurs if you smell something which is not there. In the meantime Sparkling Eyes tells me about the bump on her back, oozing out a puss from the recently applied poultice. Hey and to note if I get the Flu guess who gave it to me.

Tomorrow is a day in the fish factory. Shortly I'll have a picture or two sent to me of the wonderful surprise party we had for Sparkling Eyes. I might just stick it on here for all to see. The one I have in mind is where I'm wearing a Robin outfit, the other half to Batman. Lets not talk about how tight it was, or how fat I am.

Well something good to look forward to, the pox.

No comments: