Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Scared by log cabin ghost story

It's about two in the morning, behind a closed door was a living room. The TV had stopped playing from a DVD left in continuous loops. Somewhere music was could be heard. Sparkling Eyes decided she had a desire for fruit juice. The log cabin we slept in was big, it had 5 bedrooms and all were occupied. Except our bedroom was alone. Upstairs. Sparkling had to walk through the open planned lounge area into the kitchen. I slept on, barely aware Sparkling had arisen to quench her first. A few moments later, she returned to bed. Elbow. Elbow. Slight pain, followed by the inevitable question "are you awake?" From a drowsy sleep I replied "yes, darling." Unfortunately for me I should of pretended to still be asleep but I didn't. For now Sparkling was to tell me what had just happened.


She'd left the room for juice and walked into the kitchen. Then Sparkling felt a tingle go down her back, it was as though could fingers had gently touched her spine. Hence a shiver. Spine tingling shiver. The Karaoke machine was playing a CD, so she turned it off. Turning around and about to head into the kitchen area Sparkling noticed a chair had been moved. It was in a different position from when she'd originally entered this area. There was a presence, Sparkling felt something, as though it was trying to get to her, it was around her. Closing in. Surrounding. Dare I say, as though it wanted to overtake her, to possess. So it was time to get out she returned back to bed. Woke me, from sleep bleary eyed I listened, becoming more alert as she described what had happened. I was being pulled in like a fish being realed after taking a peck and some very delicious looking bait. Then came the request.

"Darling, would you go and get me some juice?" My response was "I'm asleep, tired" not very good because I was still able bodied. I should of replied along the lines of "sorry darlink, I'm crippled, my legs wont work, and blind, nope just can't move a foot," this would of had more of an effect. Not good enough. I was pushed, shoved and cursed. Because I wouldn't go and get some juice. Well, what half sane man would after hearing a story of spine chilling fingers? Or being told "I think this place is haunted." All very encouraging information. It's not because I believe in these things, I don't, it's just I didn't need the extra information. If Sparkling had just asked me to get some juice without the ghost story I would of not hesitated. My legs just wouldn't move. Sparkling gave me the I-am-not-amused-look, the kind of look I try to avoid. And I must admit to almost being cajoled, bullied, pushed out of the bed. For Sparkling's convenience. But I didn't.

Morning came and so did daylight and the ghost had gone. Wonderful. Except I'd been given the look. Memo to self, put the number of a good priest into my mobile phone, one who can do ghost checks over the phone and exorcise them. Alternatively, just don't believe in those things. Blimey I don't. Well, I'll remember next time. Oh yes, where did I put the holy water?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ahahaha. Where's the holy water? Cold fingers got them!