Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Head all over the place

I know I've been neglecting my BLOG, it could be not having many people comment, or the low count on the page counter. But sometimes it's a matter of weighing out time writing against some other outlet. Such as spent with feet up reading a book, or better listening to one. Nope I should be a bit more active. As Sparkling Eyes will all ways say, after she's given me a full and complete opinion.

Easter is over. The talkatives came over for a visit. It was cold out and had even snowed but didn't settle. Can you believe it, in March of all times? I took Little Princess, and her two brother's talkative out for a walk to the woods. Also not forgetting the mad, absolutely mad dog. Being as the first ten minutes of the walk I found I was the only one talking, I then advised the boys they had to talk to me in turn. About anything they could think of. Yes, I'd put them under pressure. But then they are my nephews and I'm not really going to know much about them unless they tell me. After all Mrs Talkative talks far too much for anyone else to get a word in. It worked half way. There was difficulty in their conversation, yet at least they made the effort and I actually learnt something about them. It is like they are unwilling passengers whenever I take them out, but I always give them the free choice to come or stay in doors. I hope they like me, and if they don't I'd love to hear them tell me and their reasons why. It would be better than non participation.

On another day I went to see sister number 2 and her gang. She cooked leftover turkey and pasta. It didn't excite my taste buds. They were craving. But it was lunch. I'd even turned down a mate of mine who had offered lunch. The thought of refusing a good curry in a restaurant played a melody of regret in my belly. Well where family is concerned, you just have to do what you have to do. It's either this, or move to a foreign country. For some people this may be a reality, but I've always thought family should be close in vicinity. Unfortunately some families doesn't get on. For good reasons, petty reasons or bad reasons. They just don't. I only once heard a woman say she had a good childhood. Personally I thought she was a bit funny in the head. Families are dysfunctional, it's the way they are. Little House on the Prairie just don't exist in real life. Must get rid of the chip on my shoulder about the Dingle family, was that their name?

I am sorely missing Sparkling Eyes. It's been far too long since I last saw her. Amazing how it is the need of a hug, and having the Micky taken out of me is so good to have. Sparkling is doing so well giving up smoking. It must be 4 or 5 weeks now. Hmmm hope no ciggies doesn't mean she'll want to kill me next time I see her. Heck, she wants to throttle me smoking or not smoking, I can't win either way. But it's fun though. Yep, must make me crazy.

No comments: