Monday, March 17, 2008

Signs of aging

It seems the signs of aging are making themselves a bit more explicit. Especially over the last few days. I look in the mirror in preparation for a shave and there's no denying it. Early in the morning I'm beginning to look ugly. Especially with the lines and shopping bags under my eyes. They just appear darker than normal. Must be the natural lighting from the morning sun, because it's getting brighter as well. Give me an electric light any day.

With aging comes worries of age related illnesses. So in another instance over the last few days I hear part of a radio program about Prostate Cancer. This is now moving me towards the hypochondria stage. Not only can I not escape eye bags, I got to think about whether my bladder is any different from what it was, in a more frequent way. Hell, I've always had a frequent bladder since whenever I can remember. Thing what made me think twice though was when an expert said 40% of men in their mid 40s have prostate cancer. Great, bloody great. So there's a high chance of anyone I know my age having it. Or perhaps even me. The only part positive thing the expert said was only 3% of those cases would be ones they'd have to look into. I know I shouldn't of checked out the web site they advised me of either. More food for the worry demons. If not the passing water demons.

Finally, for some completely unrelated reason I woke up at early this morning. It wasn't the bleary eyed wakefulness you get and go back to sleep kind. It was the, OK-it's-morning-lets-get-up kind. In a matter of moments I wondered about getting up. I knew it was early because it was still dark. I wondered well, if it was 5 a.m. then there would be no problem with having an early start and a long breakfast or listen to the radio. Just before I did this though I reached over and pulled the clock to my nose pressing the light button. Wonderful, it was 2:30 a.m., fortunately I managed to get back to sleep and woke up late.

I suppose it could of been worse. At least I did wake up, and at least I can moan and groan about my hopefully non existent health problems. So a big lunch and some chocolate and all was well again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

U dunt have to worry for anything, coz Dr's are meant to threat the people, everyone knows how could they possibly have business then, the only thing u should really care about would be ur drinking and sleeping routines. If thats settled out ull b feeling fitter and finer and yeah a half hour walk would do wonders :D
Best of health for u :)