Thursday, October 30, 2008

I saw Tarzan


Winter is beginning to descend upon us, although the weather forecaster said it is a wind blowing in from the Antarctic. Mind it is nice to have a cold October. It’s about time. Makes you feel the climatic changes of global warming aren’t quite so real.

Well back from my trip to Sparkling Eyes and feeling like the old ways are coming back. Two pints of beautiful dark nectar and I’m feeling a little wobbly on my feet. After the pub I decided to go for a curry, and managed to get a deal from the man behind the counter. Mainly because I had my hand on the door handle and was about to walk out after hearing his prices. Well I suppose businesses still have to make a profit regardless of credit crisis. Shared the curry with big mama who complained it was too hot. Hmmm madras. I know it was hot, but I also knew she wouldn’t turn up the offer of a free nosh up. Glad I shared it coz I shared the calories as well. After last night’s session in the gym I need to watch what I eat.

Ran on the treadmill and knackered myself. So much when I left my legs wobbled. It’s never happened before. Wobbly leg illness. It wasn’t like I’d over done it, but I suppose I had. I didn’t do any exercise when up at Sparkling’s, so it serves me right. Showered, changed walked out and nearly fell over. Bloody legs. Well at least I was able to breath. I was going to take on one of the beautiful people. I even got on a treadmill next to him. This young fella, big muscles looked a typical wanabe Tarzan, and he was running at quite a pace. So I punched in the machine his pace but a little more. Boy am I so glad the machine did not work. I can see it now in the local press. Little pot bellied man takes on Tarzan look alike in gym and has heart attack. I can’t help it. Even when in my mid forties I got the killer instinct. Look out would be Tarzan I’ll get you next week.

No comments: