Friday, October 31, 2008

Slow fast food

This morning I woke up, as I do in the morning, had breakfast listened to the radio then did the bathroom thing. Whilst staring through a face of shaving foam, I couldn't but help notice my man boobs. They just looked a bit saggy to tell the truth. The further realisation is going to the gym was not having the fully desired effect I so hoped. It would seem 3 times a week isn't enough for men with extra bits.

So after work I got stuck into the gym, which is always a little slow going after I've seen Sparkling. I just get too lazy when up North. Even though I took my shorts along I never got out and ran during this visit. I tried my best on the treadmill recognising I've lost some fitness by going slower and having to cut the time down. I then hit the big round ball thing. Like a giant balloon but with a thick rubber skin so even fat men can sit on it. Not used to this odd looking device I placed myself in front of a mirror so I could see how I was doing. It's different from the normal sit up because the thing wobbles so you have to balance at the same time. The sit ups are easier to do I think than just lying on my back. However, with the big ball thing, as I reclined back the rotund shape of my belly stuck out. I could see it in the mirror. Perhaps my T-shirt had shrunk? It seemed a tighter fit than normal. So I did a few extra sit ups with the thought my boobs needed the exercise. I hoped to see the difference immediately, but it just don't work like that when it comes to exercising.

Having left the gym I felt peckish. At this point I realised I hadn't eaten much all day. A bag of crisps out of the machine after gym didn't stave off this empty feeling either. So I checked out a local kebab shop. Made my order for kebab, chips and a tin of Coke, took a seat and waited. And waited, and waited. I sat and watched them prepare orders. Someone had been ringing in. One man wearing a black leather jacket, pop in then out. Another sat at a table and ate a pizza. After a period of 20 minutes I was now a little annoyed. Each order they made I thought would be mine, "it must be the next one" I thought. It wasn't. So I asked for my money back and the man who seemed to be doing all the work became apologetic and promptly made my order. Giving me an extra large portion of frys and kebab. Perhaps i should of insisted on my money back and I did ask for it back 3 times. But the guy just asked what it was I ordered and made it pronto. I left and ate the meal as I went home.

I thought to myself this was a lesson. A very important lesson. Not to use this shop again. I could of easily had a can of soup at home, and less expensive as well. Further the food was going to add more to my waste line than I needed and finally tomorrow morning I'll probably wake up with 44DD's. Great, someones bound to fancy me then.

No comments: